header

Sunday 23 February 2014

Clarins Opalescence Spring Collection/Cream Blushers

Clarins Spring Opulesence Collection oozes girly prettiness, and these cream to powder blushes are no exception. I recently featured the eye quartet from this collection and so many of you loved it, I've been really excited to have a play with these cream blushes and share them with you. 
I've never used cream blush before and to be honest it's always scared me a little, surprisingly I found this really nice to use, and very easy. 
The effect is very natural and dewy, natural almost. These would be perfect if you suffer from dry skin, and it doesn't sit on the skin like a traditional powder blush. Each blusher is packed with skincare goodness, rose, sunflower and jojoba all protect from dehydration, whilst vitamin e protects from free radicals. They all contain Clarins light optimising complex to add luminosity to the skin. 

The main difference I've found in using these so far is that the application gives such an even result, I often find with powders it's hard to get both cheeks exactly the same, using just your finger tips a quick sweep of the cream formula dotted on the cheeks and then lightly blended out gives an even and luminous effect to the skin. 

The lovely Jenny at Clarins was kind enough to treat me to all four shades for review, brace yourselves these are so yummy I think you'll want them all....
Each encased in the classic golden packaging they are perfect for your make up bag or your dresser and the mirror in each compact makes it really easy for on the go make up too. 
I've been getting a whole days wear from each application, as the creme blush turns to a powder after setting it prevents slip off too so the colours stay put all day. I've not had any problems wearing them on my oily/combination skin, although I do think if your skin is really oily these may not be for you. You can use them alone on the lips for a matte finish effect, or top them off with a gloss for added shine. 

Check on the swatches on my skin, starting with 04 Rosewood at the top, then 03 Grenadine, then 02 Candy, then 01 Peach at the bottom. 
Here is my skin with the shade 02 Candy on, it's a beautiful pink shade, this along with shade 03 Grenadine are my absolute favourites. 
I've also swatched them on my lips so you can see the shades, they are all matte with no gloss added on top: 
Shade 01 Peach

Shade 02 Candy

Shade 03 Grenadine

Shade 04 Rosewood

Treat yourself to one, or all four! They retail at £18 each and you can shop the collection now at the Clarins Online store.

Are you a fan of cream blusher or do you prefer powder? 
xXx

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/missemmakelly/TwitterSocialMediaIcons_zpsd7efbf10.png