header

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Estee Lauder/Double Wear Glow All Day BB

When Estee Lauder launched their newest addition to the Double Wear I had high hopes, but I have to be honest, It just didn't live up to the hype for me. 

Loved the look of it on my colour match in store, looks great spread on the back of your hand, the crushed pearls give a beautiful and very radiant glow, and as it has the DW foundation in it it provides great medium coverage, the real test was in the week that followed I put this to the test during a typical working week and I am gutted it just didn't suit me. 

The formula is a thick creamy consistency, it's a lot thicker than your standard DW liquid foundation, and the  Intensity 2.0 colour matched my skin tone perfectly (I wear Fresco in the Double Wear) 
Estee Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB Moisture Make Up
left product dispensed and right product blended in
I primed as usual before applying the all day glow, and it does go on really well with your normal foundation brush, the effect is very brightening and looks flawless on application, I always set my base with my trusty Ben Nye Banana Powder. The real test for me is during the day my not to oily/combination skin just doesn't need all the moisture this stuff provides and unfortunately by midday I was looking a little on the shiny side. In the days that followed came the dreaded break outs. 

This stuff will cover slight dark circles, and hide blemishes just like your DW foundation and give you a gorgeous glow, perfect for the upcoming summer months, I'm just really sorry to say for my fellow oily gals out there this one just isn't for us, sad I know, the Vitamin E, C & SPF 30 makes it so appealing as a lighter summer alternative I'm gutted I wont be wearing it this year. 

If your a dry skinned babe or even if you have dry/combination skin definitely pop in and grab a sample at your local counter try it out for yourself, it gives great coverage and makes you look so healthy and radiant. 

Priced at £29 for 30ml it's pretty pricey but the consistency means it'll go a long way, shop online at the Estee Lauder Website

I have got my eye on the Double Wear Brush On Glow for my under eyes so I'll be posting my thoughts on that soon, if I buy it that is....

Have you tried the All Day Glow? I'd love to hear your thoughts.....
xXx

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/missemmakelly/TwitterSocialMediaIcons_zpsd7efbf10.png