header

Saturday 5 April 2014

Orange Lips/Summer Trend 2014

It's graced the catwalks of spring 2014 and with red carpet babes sporting the tangerine lip trend at some pretty big events I thought it only right I put together this feature.

When you think of spring/summer make up trends you always go down the pretty pastel and shimmer route, but not this year. 

Is it really possible to make this fashion show trend wearable on the high street? I would say YES, orange is so similar to it's sister shade of red meaning universally it's a shade that suits everyone, and that's the only thing that holds people back from taking the plunge and braving these vibrant hues. 

I've scoured the beauty counters and been doing my research to bring you my orange fave's and for those of you who really aren't brave enough to take the plunge into the deepest brightest shades I've added a lighter alternative.

Bourjois Rouge Edition in shade 19 'Corail En Vogue' £7.99 
This is for those of you who want to sport the orange lip trend but just aren't brave enough to go bold, this is a beautiful creamy coral lipstick, I don't find the wear time to be very long but it's really good value for money.

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Sheer Rush Lipshine 'Poppy Shock'  £19.50
This is a beautiful lipstick, it has tiny particles of shimmer throughout, so again it's not a bold colour yet still allows you to wear an orange lip whilst providing a little toning down.
For the price I dont think the wear time is very long at an hour max, but if you like a bit of sparkle in your lippie then this one's for you.

Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick 'Juicy Clementine' £19.50
This is my personal pick of the lipsticks the colour is so bold, it applies evenly and helps to combat any dry patches on the lips thanks to it's super clever formula, it's packed with vitamin E so this would be great on holiday. With a wear time of a good few hours and the gorgeous packaging I really am sold on this one.

MAC Lady At Play Mineralize Lipstick £20 & Revlon Colourburst 'Unapologetic' £7.99
I've chosen to include both of these shades as they border like more on the pinky oranges, but I know some of you may feel braver sporting a pink than a bright orange, MAC Lady At Play is a beautiful neon orange with a hint of fuchsia pink in it, I love the formula of the mineralize lippies and it's a firm fave in my make up collection.
Revlon Colourburst Lip Balm is another great option if you want a more pinky orange, this one I do like if I feel in the mood for sporting a matte lip effect this is my go to product, this almost stains the lips so it has a great wear time to.

The main advice I can give you if you are rocking the tangerine dream is to keep the rest of your face neutral, a nice dewy (but not shimmery) complexion with a slick of mascara and eye liner can add all the definition you need to your eyes and your bright orange lips will set the look of nicely, the statement here is the lips, so let them do all the work. Personally I cant wait to wear this trend on holiday this year, a sun kissed canvas to apply it on will only make the colour 'pop' even more.

If you want more here are a couple of my other 'tangerine dreams'

Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick 'Riviera' £24 
Liquid to matte finish lipstick that glides on, stays put for hours.



 Lime Crime Lipstick 'My Beautiful Rocket' £11.00
Bright, Bold, Statement lips, cruelty free and has unicorn packaging!

Are you embracing the tangerine trend this year?
Let me know what your must have orange hue is, be brave, this trend really will suit you all, I'm happy to help suggest a match for you as always feel free to get in touch if you need my advice.

xXx

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/missemmakelly/TwitterSocialMediaIcons_zpsd7efbf10.png