header

Thursday 3 April 2014

YSL/Baby Doll Mascara



Ysl's Baby Doll Mascara, or Effet Faux Cils Baby Doll as it's known in the MUA world has been gracing the shelves for almost 12 months now and I've been a bit late in trying this one. 
Having used all my other mascara's up and ditching the lash extensions I decided to treat myself to this, at £24.50 it is pricey for a mascara but YSL is a higher end beauty brand and you pay for what you get, having never tested it before I guess it could have been a costly experiment, although I'm pleased to report this was not a waste of money. 

Although it doesn't really add a huge deal of thickness to the lashes it is lengthening and not clumpy, you'll see below my bare lashes in the top shot and my lashes with one coat of Baby Doll applied on the bottom picture. 
I love the packaging it is the classic gold casing, you'll recognise this from other cult YSL products such as Touche Eclat, and it has Baby Doll written across the tube in a bright pink style lettering, it's really eye catching and looks great on any girls dresser. 

I've taken some side on shots of my lashes so you can see the effect of the mascara, on these following pictures I've used 2 coats of Baby Doll. 
Overall I'm really impressed with this mascara and as always its really important not to pump the air into the tube when using it as I don't think this will take long to dry out so be as careful as you can when using it. I would definitely repurchase this so I'll be hunting it down at duty free when i go on holiday later this year. 

I purchased shade 01 which is  Black, although it also comes in Brown, Blue and Purple, 
You'll find it at YSL counters nationwide. 

Are you a Baby Doll lover? 
xXx

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/missemmakelly/TwitterSocialMediaIcons_zpsd7efbf10.png